Large Harlequin rev 2D -BLACK- kit with comprehensive manual and parts
The parts for your Harlequin rev 2D DIY board
In case you bought the Harlequin rev 2D board separately, and need a complete set of parts.
Offer is subject to placement errors.
NEW! Now with ZX Diag ROM!
(1 June 2021) The Harlequin rev 2D kits will now include a AM29F040B chip containing the ZX Diag software, and instructions how to use this ROM.
Since the AM29F040B chip is an EEPROM, you can reuse (parts of) it for any purpose, if you have a universal programmer such as the MiniPro (read more here).
Included with this parts set
- SMD part: AD724 RGB to NTSC/PAL Encoder
- All parts (except ZX Spectrum ROM) to complete the Harlequin rev 2D
- Discrete parts
- IC sockets
- The ByteDelight complete and comprehensive 16 page DIY assembly guide to the Harlequin rev 2D!
The discrete parts are packed in bags with sequential numbers corresponding to the manual, and the bags also show the part numbers corresponding to the PCB.
No ZX Spectrum ROM is included because of IP rights.
These are known working ROM types which can be used on this board, by configuring some jumpers:
– Original 48K ROM which will run 128K games just fine (check our webshop stock for these!)
– Original 128K Toast Rack or +2 ROM (check our webshop stock for these!)
– 27(C)256 EPROM
– 27(C)512 EPROM
– AM29F040 EEPROM (included)
! 28C256 is incompatible with this Harlequin board !
You can find the ROM files online, like e.g.: http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/ROMImages/ (e.g. ‘128k.rom’), but we’re not allowed to include these.
ByteDelight often has a small stock of original ROMs, check out the webshop – we’re not allowed to sell (E)EPROMs with ZX Spectrum ROM.
What is needed to complete the kit
To complete and use a finished Harlequin system, you will need:
- The Harlequin rev 2D board (not included with this offer)
- A ZX Spectrum ROM (not included)
- A ZX Spectrum case with keyboard (e.g. rubber keys case or Plus case, but any other ZX Spectrum case will be fine too, like the DK’Tronics, Lo Profile or Saga)
- A TV with composite video or RGB / SCART input
- An RCA or RGB cable (RGB cable is available in the webshop)
Instead of composite video or RGB, you can now use HDMI with the ZX-HD interface (that comes including HDMI cable), found in this web shop.
To make loading games easy, choose one of our DivMMC SD card interfaces, such as the PRO ONE which also has dual joystick ports!
The complete parts kit:
The comprehensive 16 page DIY manual: