Small Harlequin rev 2D -BLACK- kit with comprehensive manual and SMD parts
The awesome -BLACK- Harlequin 128K rev 2D DIY kit!
The Harlequin rev 2D is a completely compatible ZX Spectrum clone, but without the ULA.
It’s built up completely of parts that can still be obtained easily.
You can build your own complete ZX Spectrum Toast Rack (clone) yourself!
Offer is subject to placement errors.
A fun challange!
The Harlequin kit consists only of through hole parts, making soldering easy (the one SMD part is presoldered).
What you need to assemble the kit is:
– a soldering iron + solder
– basic skills and creativity
– some patience! The kit will keep you busy for several hours.
The included comprehensive assemly manual includes some important hints and lots of instructions.
This small kit consists of:
- The Harlequin rev 2D printed circuit board
- Presoldered SMD part: AD724 RGB to NTSC/PAL Encoder
- The ByteDelight complete and comprehensive 16 page DIY assembly guide to the Harlequin rev 2D!
Note: this kit does not contain all parts needed to finish the Harlequin rev 2D!
The manual however shows Conrad and Farnell partnumbers of the parts needed (some parts that are not available at Conrad or Farnell show alternative sources like eBay).
If you want a complete kit: check out the other offers in the web shop.
No ROM is included – you will need a ROM / EPROM / EEPROM to get the Harlequin going, with ZX Spectrum BASIC or an alternative like the ZX Spectrum SE ROM.
These are known working ROM types:
– Original 48K ROM which will run 128K games just fine (check our webshop stock for these!)
– Original 128K Toast Rack or +2 ROM (check our webshop stock for these!)
– 27(C)256 EPROM
– 27(C)512 EPROM
– 29F040 EEPROM
! 28C256 is incompatible with this Harlequin board !
ByteDelight has a small stock of original ROMs, check out the webshop – we’re not allowed to sell (E)EPROMs with ZX Spectrum ROM.
What is needed to use this kit
To use the finished Harlequin board, you will need:
– A ZX Spectrum ROM (some original ones might be available in the webshop, otherwise you can use the licence free SpectrumSE rom)
– A ZX Spectrum case with keyboard (e.g. rubber keys case or Plus case, but any other ZX Spectrum case will be fine too, like the DK’Tronics, Lo Profile or Saga)
– A TV with composite video or RGB input
– An RCA or RGB cable (RGB cable is available in the webshop)
Instead of composite video or RGB, you can now use HDMI with the ZX-HD interface (that comes including HDMI cable), found in this web shop.
To make loading games easy, choose one of our DivMMC SD card interfaces, such as the PRO ONE which also has dual joystick ports!
Example of an assembled Harlequin rev 2D (this offer is for an unassambled board with only the SMD part!) with DivMMC EnJOY! PRO ONE interface (not included, but found in this web shop):
The comprehensive 16 page DIY manual: