Out of stock
Email when stock available
This offer is for a set of brand new replacement parts for the Opus Discovery floppy disk system:
– 2x replacement bridge rectifiers – Vishay VS-2KBB20
– 2x 4700uF (huge) radial capacitors 7.5mm pitch
– 2x 1uF 16V radial capacitors 2.54mm pitch
– 2x 10uF 16V radial capacitors 2.54mm pitch
– 1x 47uF 10V axial capacitor Vishay
The Opus Discovery is an add-on made in 1985 for the ZX Spectrum – read more about the Opus Discovery here.
The original bridge rectifiers assembled from factory in a Opus Discovery system, are of poor quality.
With many users their Opus Discovery failed after adding a second Floppy disk drive, because the current drawn through these Bridge Rectifiers exceeded their maximum.
Many of the original bridge rectifiers bulge, and / or have visible melted plastic.
So it’s good as preventive maintenance of your Opus Discovery, to replace these bridge rectifiers, and also the old original electrolytic capacitors.
The kit comes without assembly instructions, as they are straight forward enough:
Remove the old parts (using e.g. a tin sucker with your soldering iron) and install the new ones, minding orientation of the parts:
– the bridge rectifiers have one angled corner
– the capacitors have a ‘-‘ (negative polarity) side clearly shown on the casing
[picture to be added once available]