The ZX-HD: the first HDMI interface for the ZX Spectrum
– with ULAplus™!
!! Comes without Raspberry Pi Zero !!
Read the “Easy Assembly kit” paragraph underneath for more info
Reviews of the ZX-HD:
– Connect your ZX Spectrum to a modern TV through HDMI – no more composite video or antenna!
– No need to modify your ZX Spectrum!
– Games with 64 colours on your ZX Spectrum with ULAplus™ !
– ZX Spectrum 128 video memory support: works with any software that uses both video buffers!
– Synchronous to ULA timing – software with border and multicolour effects run as they should!
– Colours have been thoroughly calibrated to keep the unique feel of the ZX Spectrum
– Throughput edge connector for other devices*
*Since the ZX-HD is ‘fully transparent’, any other device should work fine when connected to the throughtput edge connector.
Check this compatibility chart for more information.
The ZX-HD is fully compatible with all Sinclair ZX Spectrum models:
ZX Spectrum 16K, 48K, 48K+, 128K, +2, +2A, +2B, +3, Harlequin kits and some clones.
Works great with the DivMMC EnJOY! and DivMMC EnJOY! *mini* SD card interface (check the webshop)!
DivMMC EnJOY! on ZX Spectrum 128 ‘toastracks’ may need DIP switch 4 set to OFF with the ZX-HD attached.
The ZX-HD includes:
– Professionally custom 3D printed ZX-HD case with rainbow label!
– Micro SD card + SD adapter, containing the ZX-HD firmware
– Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable
– Male 2×20 pin header block to solder to the Raspberry Pi Zero in case yours doesn’t have one
– Printed manual – the latest version of the manual is found on the ZX-HD page (click)
Easy Assembly kit
All parts needed to assemble the ZX-HD are included, except the Raspberry Pi Zero (due to HDMI licensing rules).
No Raspberry Pi Zero is included!
This webshop may offer a limited stock of Raspberry Pi Zero’s (click to check), or you can obtain one at Pimoroni.com, Pihut.com, ModMyPi or one of the other shops listed at this website.
To connect the Raspberry Pi Zero, a 2×20 pin male pin header block (included with the ZX-HD) needs to be soldered to it.
You will then need to solder that yourself, or use our free service for that – read this for more information.
Hence the ZX-HD has been designed as an easy to assemble kit.
All you need is a small Phillips / cross-recess screwdriver, as is explained in the included manual.
Shipped with registered and insured service.
|Dimensions||15 x 20 x 3 cm|