Large Harlequin rev 2D -BLACK- kit with comprehensive manual and parts
The awesome -BLACK- Harlequin 128K rev 2D DIY kit!
The Harlequin rev 2D is a completely compatible ZX Spectrum clone, but without the ULA.
It’s built up completely of parts that can still be obtained easily.
You can build your own complete ZX Spectrum Toast Rack (clone) yourself!
The Harlequin rev 2D has stereo audio output at the right 3.5mm socket.
Offer is subject to placement errors.
A fun challenge!
The Harlequin kit consists only of through hole parts, making soldering easy (the one SMD part is already presoldered).
What you need to assemble the kit is:
– a soldering iron + solder
– basic skills and creativity
– some patience! The kit will keep you busy for several hours.
The included comprehensive assemly manual includes some important hints and lots of instructions.
This large kit consists of:
- The (unassembled) Harlequin rev 2D printed circuit board
- Presoldered SMD part: AD724 RGB to NTSC/PAL Encoder
- All parts (except ROM) to complete the Harlequin rev 2D
- Discrete parts
- IC sockets
- The ByteDelight complete and comprehensive 16 page DIY assembly guide to the Harlequin rev 2D!
The discrete parts are packed in bags with sequential numbers corresponding to the manual, and the bags also show the part numbers corresponding to the PCB.
No ROM is included – you will need a ROM / EPROM / EEPROM to get the Harlequin going, with ZX Spectrum BASIC or an alternative like the ZX Spectrum SE ROM.
These are known working ROM types which can be used on this board, by configuring some jumpers:
– Original 48K ROM which will run 128K games just fine (check our webshop stock for these!)
– Original 128K Toast Rack or +2 ROM (check our webshop stock for these!)
– 27(C)256 EPROM
– 27(C)512 EPROM
– 29F040 EEPROM
! 28C256 is incompatible with this Harlequin board !
You can find the ROM files online, like e.g.: http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/ROMImages/ (e.g. ‘128k.rom’).
ByteDelight has a small stock of original ROMs, check out the webshop – we’re not allowed to sell (E)EPROMs with ZX Spectrum ROM.
What is needed to finish the kit
To use the finished Harlequin board, you will need:
– A ZX Spectrum ROM (some original ones might be available in the webshop, otherwise you can use the licence free SpectrumSE rom)
– A ZX Spectrum case with keyboard (e.g. rubber keys case or Plus case, but any other ZX Spectrum case will be fine too, like the DK’Tronics, Lo Profile or Saga)
– A TV with composite video or RGB input
– An RCA or RGB cable (RGB cable is available in the webshop)
– An 8V – 14V power supply with 5.5mm outer and 2.1mm inside diameter plug, and with the center pin having the negative voltage*!
* Most power supplies have the positive voltage as center pin. We offer power supplies here.
Instead of composite video or RGB, you can now use HDMI with the ZX-HD interface (that comes including HDMI cable), found in this web shop.
To make loading games easy, choose one of our DivMMC SD card interfaces, such as the PRO ONE which also has dual joystick ports!
This is an unassembled kit! The photos are for reference.
The kit contents:
Example of an assembled Harlequin rev 2D (this offer is for an unassambled kit!) with DivMMC EnJOY! PRO ONE interface (not included, but found in this web shop):
The comprehensive 16 page DIY manual: